The Duty Watch will do some daily cleaning as shown in the Daily Routine, this includes Point of Contact Cleaning, Heads and Showers, and sweeping and mopping the Lower Alleyway.
Happy Hour - As Directed by the Bosun and Bosun’s Mates each watch will clean:
Off Gone Watch: Mess, Saloon, Comm’s Room, Upper & Lower Alley
Duty Watch: Brass & Wheelhouse
On Coming Watch: Deck Scrub
· The cook will be assigned 1 person from each watch to assist in the galley. Please check the messmen rota to see when your turn is.
· Mess duty starts at 0700 and ends at 1900ish when the Galley and Mess Room are clean to the Cook’s satisfaction
· Please report to the Cook promptly before first sitting breakfast at 0700.
· Your job is to help in the galley all day, chopping, peeling, washing up and other jobs as directed by the cook.
· Please ensure you observe good personal hygiene, clean clothes, long trousers, hair tied back and sensible (closed toed) shoes on.
AFTER THE GALLEY AND MESS ARE CLEARED AWAY AT THE END OF THE DAY, THE DUTY WATCH IS RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING THE GALLEY AND MESS CLEAN AND TIDY. PLEASE WASH ALL MUGS, PLATES, BOWLS & CUTLERY ETC THAT HAVE BEEN USED, WIPE UP CRUMBS AND LEAVE IT AS YOU FOUND IT!