- Travel Insurance and copy of policy (liability, health and travel insurance).
CLOTHING AND ESSENTIALS
Sailing on a Tall Ship is an all weather experience, you may find yourself in glorious sunshine, or pouring rain, one thing we can’t control is the weather! In summer it can still get very cold when you are sailing, particularly during night watches, so ensure you bring appropriate clothing. This includes:
- Boots or waterproof shoes. Make sure you have two pairs, just in case one of them gets wet. Deck shoes and/or rigger boots are ideal (but make sure you wear them in first!).
- Waterproof jacket and trousers, if you do not have waterproofs, the ship has some that you can borrow.
- Sandals for going ashore (No open toed shoes to be worn on deck please).
- Socks, underwear, and suitable nightwear/pyjamas.
- Base layers – long and short sleeved t-shirts, leggings.
- Over layers – sweaters, jumpers, cargo pants or similar, be aware that jeans take a long time to dry!
- Hat or cap, scarf, and gloves (soft/baggy gloves are not to be worn when rope handling though, leather palmed fingerless sailing gloves are good for rope handling, but not essential).
- Bathroom toiletries in travel size, please avoid big bottles.
- Towel – Microfibre Camping towels are really compact and are very effective.
- Sheet, duvet cover and 2 pillow slips, please do NOT bring a sleeping bag.
- Water bottle.
- Sun screen and sunglasses.
- Motion sickness medicine.
- Personal medicines.
Apart from the essentials you may want to think about bringing:
(Please note: for electrical equipment we have Standard British plug sockets and USB sockets on board.)
- Mobile phone and charger.
- Head torch.
- Small backpack for when you’re in harbour.
- Small Musical Instruments.
Please do not pack your kit in a hard suitcase but use a soft bag which can be easily stored in your cabin as there is limited space.